The following databases are now available in the Champlain Collection, and can be accessed via the library website:
- Biography in Context (InfoTrac) –A “next-generation online portal” built on a foundation of 600,000+ biographies on more than 500,000 people. Includes the highly regarded Contemporary Authors database.
- Career Transitions (InfoTrac) –Designed for people in the midst of a career or job change, this product includes resources for discovering, planning and pursuing the next career step: career exploration, resume preparation, tips for finding employment, and more.
- Educator’s Reference Complete (InfoTrac) –Contains more than 1,100 periodicals and 200 reports from the U.S. Department of Education. A resource for any educator – from school teachers and administrators to those studying in the field at the collegiate and graduate level.
- LegalTrac (InfoTrac) –Provides full-text coverage of major law reviews, legal newspapers, bar association journals and international legal journals offers law students, faculty and legal researchers the publications they need for their research and practicum.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (InfoTrac) –Provides video, audio streams and podcasts, an image gallery, daily news updates, and interactive maps to accompany the popular Opposing Viewpoints database.
- Powerspeak Languages (InfoTrac) –Self-paced language instruction in Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, German and English for Spanish Speakers. Additional languages will be available in 2011.
These databases, along with many other Gale/InfoTrac resources, are available to Champlain through collaboration with the State of Vermont Department of Libraries, and are supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, a federal agency, through the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the Vermont Department of Libraries.